Learning Curve

Hi Ya'll!
I have a new toy I have been playing with. An electronic device called a Tempo Treadle. I won't say much other than old cranky looms make new electronics crazy! And their owner even more so!

On the loom I have a test piece. I have some red cotton yarn I was wondering whether it would be good for warp. It's a bit soft and quite a fine yarn, coned 2 strands together.

Red and white cotton warp with Brown Sheep Teal Cotton Fine weft

But I may have to just say NO. It fuzzes something awful and I think it just works better as weft than warp. Pretty as it is..this is what I pulled out of my reed after 6 inches of weaving.
 The lessons you learn while weaving!

Our Rigid Heddle Pick Up class is open. Click HERE to go to the CHG website and sign up! Members save 20.00!

The Guild has looms and so do I if you don't have one of your own. We have everything you need!

Don't forget, if you need looms, wheels, fibers, or parts from Ashford, Schacht, Glimarkra, or Kromski, don't hesitate to contact me. We also sell Jaggerspun and Brown Sheep yarns and fibers.

That's all for now. See you all soon!

Comments

Popular Posts